Monday, August 20, 2012

Powell

The end of Alex's first long wakeboarding run :)

What an epic week at Lake Powell! This was my first houseboat experience and it couldn't have been better! The weather was great. The location in West Canyon was great. The food was great. The people were great. Everything turned out to be picture-perfect- there were no injuries, no technical or mechanical malfunctions, and no storms! I didn't get sunburned ONCE. Miraculous, right? I think the best part of the trip was getting to hang out with Logan 24/7. On Thursday night, the women arrived at Walmart at about 12:30 am and we were on a mission- to get enough food for 21 people for an entire week. I also learned how to wakeboard! Logan really improved his wakeboarding skills as well- he ended the week with over a foot of air and a board-grab during his jump. It was also my first time on a seadoo or jetski. It was a BLAST. We had access to 6 and were always zipping around on the water. People were constantly taking trips out on our two ski boats, whether it was for tube wars or skiing or wakeboarding. Which reminds me- I also had my first tube war experience on this trip. Let's just say it's my new favorite thing EVER! I love whipping around at high speeds and jumping off your tube in order to drag someone else into the water. Hehehe... On Monday night we hooked up a projector and watched The Princess Bride on the canyon wall, laying on the roof of the houseboat. It was epic. Everyone was having fun with the fishing poles too, catching fish left and right. Logan's little sister, Summer, caught a catfish over 1 foot long! It was so cool. One evening we donned our life jackets with glow sticks and had an awesome time doing likely illegal things in the dark. We visited Rainbow Bridge National Monument, and got a private tour. We walked UNDER the bridge! It was a real treat. The trip couldn't have been better. Logan and I are so thankful for all the hard work and preparation that went into making it all possible. We love you guys :)

P.S. 19 days until the wedding! Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment